Hi!I'm  Aditya Talpade and I design  Android Apps and Websites
Blog Home>>My Apps>>Ultimate Chronograph Stopwatch : v5.0

Ultimate Chronograph Stopwatch : v5.0

Comment(s)

Stopwatch
The Ultimate Chronograph Stopwatch is my third Android app. This app is an extremely useful stopwatch for amateur as well as professional racers.

It’s got a really long name and even longer list of features.

The features are

• Save a default user!
  • Store multiple user data!
  • Calculate total time, average time as well as fastest lap on the device itself!
  • Overhauled UI!
  • Upto 5 separate individual stopwatches all running with different lap times!
  • Each individual stopwatch can be called and customized at any time!
  • Save lap times in an extremely simple to read .csv file!
  • Two click e-mail lap times to your specified email!
  • E-mail lap times to multiple recipients!
  • View past lap times on the device itself!
  • Re-sort past lap times!
  • Delete lap times!
  • Price: FREE forever!
  • Open source (Coming soon)!
  • Many more features coming soon!

Screenshots

Main Screen

Main Screen

Preferences Screen

Preferences

Previous Lap Times

Previous Lap Times

Auto Start

Auto Start all timers.
I have added the ability to auto start all timers to my app.

How to use it.

1. Open the app.
  2. Open the menu.
  3. Tap “Set Preferences”.
  4. Make sure that you have more than one timer active.
  5. Tick “Auto Start”.
  6. Go back.
  7. Set the racer name for all the timers.
  8. On “Timer 1″, tap “Click here to continue”.
  9. Tap the “Start” button.
  10. Move to each remaining timer and tap the “Click here to continue” button.
  11. You will notice that they have all started at the same time.
  12. This is the only way to do this otherwise the app will not work as intended.

I know this method to start all timers at once seems odd but it is the only way to do this right now and maintain maximum backward compatibility with older devices.

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions tell me in the comments section below.

Donation

I do not earn anything from the Android Market and create apps for the enrichment of the community and for the love of it.
If you enjoyed using this amazing app or any of my apps, please consider making a small donation.

You can make your donations here.

Tags: , , , ,

17 Responses to “Ultimate Chronograph Stopwatch : v5.0”

• Attila says:

Could you implement multiple stopwatches (run simultaneously). It is really useful when doing manufacturing time studies.

I have used a JAVA application on my old SonyEricsson phone called “tevero stopwatch”. It had 5 simultaneous stopwatches, with laps, avg/shortest/longest times for each stopwatch.

Best regards,
    Attila

• Aditya says:

@Attila: Yes I could implement multiple stopwatches, but am unsure how you would toggle between each stopwatch. If you can tell me what way would be a preferable way to toggle between stopwatches, I will definitely put it in :D

- Aditya

• RunaR says:

Nice Stopwatch!
    I think SEND_SMS permission is not needed for sending email.
    The SEND_SMS is a bit suspicious. I’ve used this in my own apps:

• Aditya says:

I have removed the send sms permission.
    I have implemented your method.
    Thanks

• Gerald says:

Can you implement a method which allows all active (1 through 5) stopwatches to be started simultaneously? This is necessary for tracking multiple racers starting at the whistle/gun/”go”/etc…

• Aditya says:

I will try that out.

• Gerald says:

Very quick response. Thanks! Looking forward to the “update” notification.

• Gerald says:

It is worth a support donation, in my opinion. Great work!

• SteveK says:

I like the email of the CSV file but would like to display and email cumulative time at end of each lap. This way it can be used to time a race and each racer would in essence be given a different lap time. Please email me for some other ideas I am looking for. Thanks

• Per Sundberg says:

Hi. Is it possible to also have decimal hour (1/100000 h) and decimal minute (1/1000 m) as units for time? It would be great for industrial engineering.
    Best Regards Per.

• Per Sundberg says:

Hi. Is it possible to integrate other units of time, such as TMU (1/100000 h) and Decimal Minute (1/1000 m)? Would be great for industrial engineering.

Best Regards Per

• Dan Connelly says:

Nice app!

Suggestion: when timing a race where there will be many finishers, hitting “stop” can be a disaster. I recommend allowing stop to be suppressed via menu. Then to actually stop the watch the user would first re-enable it via menu. Alternate would be to require a long touch to stop, with a short touch being a lap. Another option would be to use volume buttons to operate watch, ignoring all screen touches, since accidentally hitting a touch screen is easy to do.

• Michael Assraf says:

Hi, Is there any way to receive the source code,
    I saw at the bottom ‘•Open source (Coming soon)!’.

Thanks.

• Michael Assraf says:

Hi,

When do you think it will be possible to get the source code ?

Thanks.

• Paul de Graaff says:

Will this app also work for Blackberry Torch?
    If not will you be planning to make it work for Blackberry?

Thanks Paul

• Rachel says:

Hi
    I’m working on an app for a project.
    Is there a general code for autostart stopwatches?
    We are having some problems in creating the code.

Thank you! Your reply will be very much appreciated.

Rachel

• Sly says:

Thank you for this great application. I have not found better! Idea: To have a visual on the clock and 5 to make a lap without being forced to type in on the clock in question. very useful for swimming races. Against by the number of timer is not part of the backup! :)